How to Word Your Bridal Shower Invitations
You’re looking for ideas for bridal showers.You have a plan, and you’re not sure what the theme of the bridal shower is, or how to make it cool.We’ve all been there.When you’re stuck with your bridal shower plans, it’s easy to feel like you have to pick the right idea to get the party going smoothly.But the bridal shower party can just be fun Food + drink + best people + music = great.Don’t worry so much.
But there is one thing we should pay attention to.That’s how to word your bridal shower invitations.Are you looking for useful information about bridal shower invitations?It can be difficult, as many resources focus only on wedding invitations.But you’ve come to the right place this time!
The Invitation Text
Arguably the most important part of the bridal shower invitation is the text written on the invitation! Make sure to include the following on the invitation:
- A celebratory line that could become a fun heading; some examples we’ve come up with are:
- Join us in celebrating the bride-to-be!
- Let’s celebrate with our friend [the bride’s name]!
- Let’s shower the bride!
- You’re invited to a bridal shower honoring [the bride’s name].
- The bride’s first and last name (if you didn’t include it already in the celebratory line)
- Date and time of the party
- Hosted by [your name, name of bridesmaid(s), name of friend(s)]
- Attire information; you could write something like:
- Dress your best!
- Casual attire is welcome.
- RSVP request (by a certain date and to whom + contact information)
- Registration information if gifts are encouraged. If you don’t include registry information or any mention of gifts, it’s up to the guests whether or not they want to bring something special.
The Invitation Itself
The bridal shower invitation wording should follow the theme/style of the party. If you choose a specific theme like a kitchen bridal shower, you might word the invitations with fun kitchen-inspired wording.If you aren’t choosing a theme, create wording that follows the more formal or more casual style of the shower. Make sure the invitation contains all the necessary information listed in the text section above.
The Timing of Inviting
6 to 8 weeks before the bridal shower, get the address list together with direct input from the bride about who she wants to attend. Also, email out-of-town guests to let them know the date for travel and they should expect an invitation shortly. One month before the shower, send out all the invitations and get ready for RSVPs and the rest of your planning!